Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just not that special

The girls and I heard that the local Elks Club had great pizza and wings on Thursday nights. Hanna has been asking for months to go and enjoy the food so I decided (unexpectedly) tonight was the night that we were trying it out for ourselves! For some reason I was under the impression that the Club was open to the public onThurdays but boy was I wrong. I called up a friend and arranged for the girls and I to be "sponsered" by a member for the evening. Kate over heard me joking about how we were just not special enough to be apart of "this club" and that did not sit well with her. I had to listen to 20 mins of Kate's theories on why we were prefect for their club and if not, why we should start our own club. By the end of dinner she had thought up our club name, what food we would serve and who would be allowed to attend. I just hope she charges you all club membership fees......

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the popular quote from Groucho Marx:

    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."

    ReplyDelete