Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Switch Psychology

I am sure you are thinking this posting is going to be about how I am using "switch psychology" on the girls but you're WRONG!!! I spent years in college and houndreds of hours perfecting my understanding of human interaction and manipulation. Kate has spent 5 years with me and now has the "switch psychology" method mastered.

The other day Kate punched sissy in the face and if you ask her why she always says "it was an accident" but the true story is.... Hanna took something away from Kate so in Kate's mind a fistful in the eye was a reasonable response...GOOD TIMES in our house!! As Kate's punishment I told her, "when you get home after school, you'll be going straight to your room therefore, no playing outside with your friends". I thought that was reasonable..... Well, I was quickly met with " ok MOM, I think I'm going to be tired after school anyway, so do you want me to stay in my room until bath time".....

or

she'll offer her own punshment. The other day I walked into her room and it smelled like I walked into Bath and Body works. I asked her what the smell was and she says... "I can't tell you, you're going to be mad at me". Apparently, she found one of my body sprays and decided to dump the whole bottle on her toys in the closet. Once I figured all this out, she informs me that a fair punshment would be not being allowed to watch t.v for the rest of the night. Oh, did I forget to tell you that this all took place around 7:20 pm and her bed time's 7:30 pm......

1 comment: